Thursday 13 January 2011

My Movie Opening

We've been set the task for our coursework to come up with an original 2 minute opening sequence for a movie. This means we'll have to come up with an idea of what this film will be about, write a script, find locations and actors and then eventually shoot it. All before February.

      So far I've had several ideas of storylines for my movie opening. I've decided that I don't want to use teenagers in my piece, so I'm going to try and get my hands on some adult actors who may be interested in helping me out. Many thoughts have swirled about in my head,but none have yet fully caught my attention, some of the ideas include, loneliness, suicide, mental illness and thug life. But I'm not certain on any of these yet. Another idea that came to my mind was if I want it to be in english or not, I'm quite fascinated by language, so the thought of maybe doing it in french is quite appealing. 

I've also been thinking about possible locations to shoot in, I live in a fairly large village which could be of some use, but other intersting places I'd possibly like to film are the beach, the city, random fields, rivers or if I could find a decent lake that would be useful.

I think one of the biggest hurdles is that we have to use our own music, which as I cannot play an instrument I'm going to have to ask several friends for help on that front, unless I fancy a beautiful recorder score. 

I've started drafting out some company logos for the beginning credits, and I've come across one I quite like the looks of.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds thrilling Jessica! would love to see this on a big screen, Au revoir! Xx

    ReplyDelete