Monday 2 May 2011

Who would be the audience for your media product?

My target audience age would be 35+ as I do not feel that many young people would be interested in what my film has to offer. It would also be limited to those who enjoy foreign films and arthouse work. As I doubt my film would make it into your typical Odeon or Vue, I believe that it would again be restricted by being shown at select cinemas such as Cinema City in Norwich.
      I feel this age range would appreciate the film more as they would be at the age of being a parent and would be able to relate a lot more the the mother in the film. 

  My audience would enjoy films that show the 'nitty gritty' side of life and don't try to sweeten how things are, the realism of the piece would be its main selling point as by feedback I have received there is confusion as to whether the piece is real or not which was the effect I was going for. This means again that the audience would want to be stimulated by what they are watching, having to question the film and not just watching it to escape and watch some explosions. I feel my audience would be similar to those watching the film 'Catfish' as it has the similar aspect of making the audience question as to whether it is a true story or fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment